What’s that you say, healthy banana and blueberry pancakes – dairy, wheat and gluten free with no added sugar? I don’t believe you.
Get believing everyone because Ally Sampy never tells a tale.
Pancake day has sprung onto us yet again, but have no fear, if you are still continuing your healthy new years resolution and feel that pancake day will ruin your hard work, think again peeps. This recipe is for everyone who wants that sweetness but still be healthy and feel blissful after a mouthful.
My homemade two ingredient pancake recipe will get your mouth watering and forks on stand by, as the bursting colours of blueberries trickle through each pancake running mad round your plate.
1 large Banana, mashed
2 large Eggs
Handful of Blueberries
⅛ tsp baking powder (for extra fluffiness)
1.Peel the banana and chop into chunks
2. Place the banana chunks into a bowl and begin to mash with a fork. You can leave a few lumps at your preference or mash until completely runny.
3. Crack two eggs into a separate bowl and begin to whisk with a fork for a minute.
4. Pour the mashed banana over the eggs and mix together.
5. Add 1/8 baking powder for preference (extra fluffiness) mix together.
6. Heat a non stick skillet and lightly spray with oil. Tun the heat down to medium-low.
7. Pour a circle of batter into the pan (I used about 1 or 2 tbsp of batter per pancake). Cook until golden brown on the underside (around 1 minute) sprinkle on any chunky ingredients (I used Blueberries), use a thin spatula to flip and cook until golden brown on the other side (30 seconds to 1 minute).
Makes 6 pancakes
Have all toppings you crave
I chose Almond butter with flaked almonds and sprinkled a few more
blueberries on top to make my plate full of healthy goodness.
Serve warm and indulge!
What ever lover you are, be it chocolate, strawberries, raspberries, honey, syrup and nuts, add anything and everything you desire to this basic mixture to make your ideal pancake day become everyday.
Be a kid with big dreams